It’s impossible not to celebrate FromSoftware’s success with Elden Ring. They’ve managed to be on the agenda of almost all players in the last two weeks. It’s obvious that Elden Ring is one of the best games ever. And if you want to finish this amazing game, you’ll have to clear a very challenging boss list. But don’t worry, you don’t have to defeat all the bosses to finish Elden Ring. Let’s check out Elden Ring Main Boss List and Locations.
Lands Between is so majestic, that’s true. Also, there’s a route you must take to complete the main story, but the rest of the game is completely optional. This includes some of the 150+ boss lists. If your only goal is to complete the main story of the game, you won’t have to touch many bosses at all.
Main Boss List in Elden Ring
During the main story of Elden Ring, which lasts about 45 hours, you’ll have to defeat a total of 12 bosses. Some of these bosses are located in the main quest routes, others you must defeat to continue the story. Of course, it’s possible to reduce this number further, but that doesn’t seem very logical.
If you choose to defeat only the main bosses, you’ll miss out on the optional content that makes the game great. Besides, almost all the bosses that aren’t included in this list give very important resources, weapons and armor that increase your character level. Anyway — All the Elden Ring main bosses required to beat the story:
- Margit, the Fell Omen – located at Stormhill, Limgrave.
- Godrick the Grafted – located at Stormveil Castle, Limgrave.
- Red Wolf of Radagon – located at Raya Lucaria, Liurnia of the Lakes.
- Rennala, Queen of the Full Moon – located at Academy of Raya Lucaria.
- Godfrey, First Elden Lord – located at Leyndell, Royal Capital.
- Morgott the Omen King – located at Leyndell, Royal Capital.
- Fire Giant – located at Mountaintops of the Giants.
- Maliketh, the Black Blade – located at Crumbling Farum Azula.
- Godfrey, First Elden Lord (again) – located at Leyndell, Capital of Ash
- Hoarah Loux, Warrior – located at Leyndell, Capital of Ash.
- Radagon of the Golden Order – located at Elden Throne in Leyndell, Royal Capital.
- Elden Beast – located at Elden Throne in Leyndell, Royal Capital.
If you try to finish Elden Ring in a normal way, you’ll have to fight the above bosses in a not so nice way. Each of them is more challenging than the other and ready to punish your first mistake. If you’re doing the Elden Ring speedrun, you’ll have to beat a few of them on this list, but that’s another matter.
Elden Ring boss fights — is it necessary for beat the game?
As we mentioned earlier, you don’t have to defeat all the bosses to finish Elden Ring. However, we recommend that you fight all the optional bosses to prepare your character for the main boss fights, especially at the end of the game. This way you’ll be able to collect runes, weapons, armor, Ashes of War and strengthen your character.
For example, you don’t have to fight against Radahn. But if you defeat him, you’ll get one of the most valuable armor in the game. And the most important thing: the sense of discovery in Elden Ring is a wonderful thing. Every corner of the Lands Between will surprise you a bit more.