In this post, you will find all Metro Exodus console commands and cheat codes. Metro Exodus is a first-person shooter video game developed by 4A Games and published by Deep Silver. The third installment in the Metro video game trilogy is based on Dmitry Glukhovsky’s novels, following Metro 2033 and Metro: Last Light.
Metro Exodus was released in 2019 for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Stadia and in 2020 for Amazon Luna. A Linux and macOS conversion was released in 2021. An enhanced version of the game was released for Microsoft Windows on May 6, 2021, and was later released for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X/S on June 18, 2021.
So, if you are having a hard time in this survival horror first-person shooter, our list of all Metro Exodus console commands/cheat codes will come in handy to help you pull through the post-apocalyptic wasteland.
You can also look at our Stranded Deep console commands and Dragon Age: Inquisition console commands guides.
How to Use the Developer Console in Metro Exodus
First, you must enable the developer console to use console commands. The console is not enabled by default, so you will have to work your way around this issue:
- First, download the Metro Exodus Cheat Engine 7.1 by AltSierra117 et al. With this Cheat Engine Table, you can enable the Dev Console for Metro Exodus, allowing you to change many aspects in-game, such as game difficulty, FOV, create a game checkpoint/savegame, change map-to-map with default starting weapons or carry previous ones to any other map. Enable the script and use F1 to toggle the console.
- Next, download and enable the developer console script. You will now be able to bring up the console with F1.
Metro Exodus Console Commands ? Part of the Ranger Update
- new_game_plus_allowed: Unlocks new game plus settings on the main menu.
- ngp_armored_mode: Gives an extra armor level to all human NPCs.
- ngp_backpack_limit: Disables crafting in backpack; you can only use workbenches.
- ngp_bad_weathert: Makes Fog, Sand Storn, Rain & Snow weather conditions more frequent.
- ngp_dev_comments: Makes developer commentary available throughout the game. You will find the commentary on green tape players.
- ngp_grenadier_mode: Human NPCs use more explosive weapons.
- ngp_iron_mode: Disables in-level saving. Your progress is only saved between levels.
- ngp_radiation_mode: Generates more radiation zones, making the gas mask even more critical.
- ngp_realtime_weather: Changes the in-game day cycle from 2 hours to the total real-life 24 hours.
- ngp_tough_creatures: Thicker armor for all creatures.
Metro Exodus Console Commands ? Graphics
- ph_dbg_render_range: Default = 150, but try =20
- ph_movables_range: Default = 96, but try =20
- r_adaptive_ssa: Default = 1, but try =0
- r_dof_tile_max: Default = 1, but try =0
- r_enum_ssaa: Default = 10, but try =5
- r_foliage_scale_clr_mp: Default = 1.2, but try =0.5
- r_foliage_scale_ao_mp: Default = 1.1, but try =0.5
- r_foliage_scale_range: Default = 1.25, but try =0.5
- r_lod_shadow_quality: Default = 1, but try =0.5
Metro Exodus Console Commands ? Change Map
Use the command change_map_nl:
- m3\000: Main Menu
- m3\01_dead_moscow: Moscow
- m3\05_winter: Winter
- m3\06_bridge: The Volga
- m3\06_spring: Spring
- m3\07_yamantau: Yamantau
- m3\08_desert: The Caspian
- m3\08_summer: Summer
- m3\12_valley: The Taiga
- m3\12_autumn: Autumn
- m3\13_deadcity: The Dead City
- m3\14_outro: Finale
- m3\dlc_1_deadcity: The Two Colonels
- m3\dlc_2_vladivostok: Sam’s Story
- r_gamma: Sets gamma only under DirectX 11.
- r_exposure_control: Sets gamma under both DirectX 11 & 12.
- r_exposure_bloom: Set value to “-1” to experience the vibe of the E3 2017 Announce Gameplay.
- r_bloom_prefiltered: Set value to “0” to experience the vibe of the E3 2017 Announce Gameplay.
- g_disable_hud_scale_coll: Sets weapon scale while colliding with objects.
- hud_scale_type: Pre-set weapon position on screen. Use values from 0 to 5.
- hud_scale_force_xy: Custom weapon position on screen, but first, set “hud_scale_type” to value 3.
- weapon_count: Reduce or Increase weapon slots. Use values from 1 to 3. Re-enter value after reverting checkpoint.
- r_base_fov: Changes field of view.
- enable_backpack_craft: Enables/disables backpack ability to craft Medkits, Filters, Ammo, and Throwables.
- enable_costumes_craft: This allows you to change costume upgrades using the workbench.
- ngp_sneaky_combat: Reduces character-to-character visual combat against each other. Working status unknown.
- return_to_main_menu: Returns you to the main menu.
- pause: Pauses the game.
- joy_sens_y_scale: Changes controller pitch sensitivity scale since there is no other way of changing it.
- gamesave: Creates a save checkpoint.
- gameload: Load the save checkpoint.
- g_game_difficulty: Adjusts game difficulty.
- g_ranger_hud_alpha: Heads-Up Display (HUD) transparency (Only in-game difficulty set to 3 – Ranger Hardcore).
- ranger_mode_game: Leftover command from Metro Redux.
- g_survival_mode: Same above (Digital or Non-Digital wrist watch sounds changes, uses default Digital watch model).
- disconnect: Stops the 4A Engine. You can then use the command “map” to load any map.
- map: Load any map, but first, use the disconnect.
- restart: Restarts the map.
- change_map: Change to any map.
- change_map_cl: Same as the previous one.
- change_map_nl: Changes map-to-map as well but saves and gives last current player weaponry.
nextlevel: Skip the current mission.
- g_player_speed_scale: self explanatory.
- g_god: Invincibility (deathless) or god mode.
- g_global_god: Previous command, but for every character.
- g_unlimitedammo: Also unlimited medkits.
- g_notarget: NPCs can’t target the player.
- g_autopickup: Auto collects the loot.